Wednesday, August 21, 2013

People need to stop freaking out over three '72 Dolphins not wanting to meet Obama

Washington - The White House on Tuesday belatedly honored the 1972 Miami Dolphins, the NFL’s only undefeated team, but three members weren’t there because of their opposition to President Obama’s policies. “We’ve got some real moral compass issues in Washington,” Hall of Fame center Jim Langer told the Orlando Sun-Sentinel.  
“I don’t want to be in a room with those people and pretend I’m having a good time. I can’t do that. If that [angers] people, so be it.” Former player Manny Fernandez won’t be traveling to the nation’s capital either. 
“I’ll just say my views are diametrically opposed to the president’s,” he told the paper. “Enough said. Let’s leave it at that. I hope everyone enjoys the trip who goes.”  
 Read more: http://p.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/aug/20/i-dont-belong-there-players-72-miami-dolphins-snub/#ixzz2cdFuCSAu
Needless to say people are freaking out, calling this a total lack of respect towards the President. Well guess the fuck what, if I don't want to meet the President, I don't have to. This isn't an anarchy. People are not forced to take photo ops with our leader.

And if Obama has the balls that George W. Bush did, he won't give a fuck and just say whatever he wants.
"I love the fact that you've got some of the game's biggest stars. I mean, 'Big Papi,' the guy lights up the screen. He brings a great personality - (applause). I'm sorry his running mate, Manny Ramirez, isn't here. I guess his grandmother died again. (Laughter.) Just kidding. (Laughter.) http://www.aolnews.com/2008/02/28/president-bush-on-manny-i-guess-his-grandmother-died-again/
Just Manny being Manny. And George W. being George W.

No comments:

Post a Comment