Thursday, August 22, 2013

Mark Naymik from the Cleveland Plain Dealer just ruined my day


CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Gay Zombies should be the least of Cedar Point's concerns. 
The ill-fated publicity stunt to let zombies marry at the park is to me far less damaging to the reputation of the Pride of Sandusky than the amusement park's class-baiting Fast Lane passes and exorbitant food prices. 
Most parents, I think, would rather answer a child's questions about a same-sex couple dressed as dead people than explain why people cut ahead of them in line after 60-minute wait... 
The Fast Lane pass, however, is a powder keg. And it bothered a lot more people than just me. After waiting in line for Millennium Force for at least an hour, I was passed, yards from the platform, by two large families with the passes. I was silent and used the episode to explain to my 9-year-old a life lesson about the haves and have-nots. Others in line heckled. Some were darn right rude to these people. This scene repeated itself through the day, almost always after I had waited 30 minutes or more to board a ride. http://www.cleveland.com/naymik/index.ssf/2013/08/cedar_points_fast_lane_and_foo.html#incart_river_default#incart_m-rpt-2 
I already touched on the gay side of this a few days ago, but this asshole really got me fired up. Fuck you Mark Naymik, just fuck you. The reputation of Cedar Point is being tarnished by paying extra to get to the front of the line? Well guess what, it's called Capitalism, and even simpler, it's called AMERICA. If you don't like it GTFOH.

If I want to sit in the first row behind home plate at an Indians game, I have to pay more money than the dude sitting in the nose bleeds. And my guess is, you're the cheap ass sitting in the nose bleeds. Baseball glove and everything. This is the game when the guy hits a 600 foot foul ball to you. That's your day.

How about the audacity of airlines to let those who are more frequent customers, or pay more money, to load onto the plane first. And don't even get me started on the people who feel the need to sit in the front of the plane in first class. I'm guessing you're the asshole who sits in the empty business class seat, and can't for any reason comprehend why the stewardess is asking you not to sit there.

Lastly if I have a kid, and he/she starts complaining to me and wants an explanation on why people are cutting the line, I'm going to tell the ungrateful bastard to stfu. And I won't do that quietly either. Great parenting using this experience to tell your 9 year old there's have and have-nots. Congrats. You just told your child you're a loser. Use it to tell your child to become a have and work for an industry that will exist 10 years from now.

No comments:

Post a Comment